Lowe’s Enterprise QA Import program applies to all import vendors where Lowe’s and its subsidiaries (Lowe’s USHI, Lowe’s Canada/RONA) serve as the importer of record. QA requirements are determined bases on vendor type.
Bundled Assessment Program
This program applies to all "New" factories for Type A vendors' initial assessments and consist of:
- Enterprise Quality Assessment (EQA)
- Retail Ethical Sourcing Assessment (RESA)
- Customs – Trade Partners Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) Audit
- Suppliers are subject to yearly Customs Trade Partners Against Terrorism (C- TPAT) Audit, whether they are new or existing providers or they are vendor type A or B.
- LGS – QA is responsible for scheduling the C-TPAT audits. Suppliers can visit LowesLink® for additional information and requirements about C-TPAT. All C-TPAT related questions should be directed to Martha Layton at Martha.G.Layton@lowes.com
1. The Enterprise Quality Assessment (EQA)
The Enterprise Quality Assessment (EQA) focuses on such topics as quality systems, key processes, ensuring consistent quality products, etc.
2. Lowe's Enterprise Responsible Sourcing (RS) Program
Lowe’s Enterprise has worked with other key retailers to find ways to reduce audit fatigue resulting in a new template named Retail Ethical Sourcing Assessment ("RESA"). The goal is to avoid multiple assessment fees incurred by a vendor which supports multiple retailers. The RESA template is currently being accepted by Lowe’s Enterprise and The Home Depot (THD) to avoid multiple assessments on THD’s and Lowe’s Enterprise vendors where the same factories are being used. The primary objective of the RESA is to ensure that the products being sourced are manufactured in safe facilities, workers are treated well, paid wages in accordance to the law and hours worked within legal limits.
Facilities producing Lowe’s Private Branded products that are manufactured outside the U.S. and Canada sourced & Imported by vendors (Vendor is the Importer of Record). Vendors falling in these criteria need to undergo RESA and the manufacturing facilities to be disclosed.
Please select the following link for detail on factory disclosure process
3. PO Inspections
Inspections apply to all import vendors/factories only.
Inspection Training Manual: